The Reviewers!

The Reviewers!
We are the Voracious Viking Vreaders

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scary School by Derek "the Ghost" Kent

26262626Scary School by Derek "the Ghost" Kent
Genre: Fantasy

How would you like to go to a school where the motto is that you learn more if you're scared?  At Scary School, all the teachers are monsters.  The nicest teacher is a vampire with only one fang, the meanest teacher has five simple but deadly class rules, and the cutest teacher is a hungry T-rex in a blue dress and matching blue bonnet.  Narrated by a student ghost, this first book in the series follows the lives of students and teachers around campus, leading up to the Ghoul Games, a deadly game of eating or being eaten.  This book pulls you in...could you survive?  Read if you dare!

Norma Rodriguez, Room 13:
"It was a superb fantasy book full of creepy monster teachers and unusual students. Awesome, entertaining, hilarious book.  If I were to rate it 1 to 100, I would definitely choose 100.  This story goes through the mysterious lives of some weird students narrated by a ghost.  Trust me when I say this, 'You have to read it.'"

Jennifer Abrego, Room12:
"Scary School is a short, funny, good read.  I though it was a good book, but like traditional literature.  It is full of funny pictures of the tons of characters you will grow fond of.  The characters are laugh-out-loud funny.  This is a great book for points too.  I really recommend it to everyone!"

Natalie, Room 12:
"I would recommend this book for people who like funny/humorous books like Scary School.  This book has some crazy twists and turns you will not expect with some creepy creatures and characters.  I also enjoyed this book because it leads up to something BIG.  One hint.  GHOUL GAMES!!!"

Bella Silva, Room 13:
"Scary School is very imaginative and funny.  The author of the book Scary School is coming on October 26th.  I am really looking forward to it.  It was also a quick read and you can get points quickly.  I think anyone will love this book."

JoAnna Juarez, Room 13:
"Scary School is an awesome fantasy/realistic fiction book that has a lot of monsters.  It was a hilarious book because of some of the things that happened to the students.  Also I liked it because the author is coming to our school on October 26th.  I can't wait for the author to come.  I am so excited."


No comments:

Post a Comment