The Reviewers!

The Reviewers!
We are the Voracious Viking Vreaders

Monday, March 26, 2012

Countdown by Deborah Wiles

Countdown is about a girl, Franny. The book is set during the time when Russia put nuclear bombs in Cuba. Franny's life was going just fine until she heard on TV that if the bombs in Cuba exploded, the explosion would be able to hit America. They start building a bomb shelter. Franny is emotionally distressed about the Cuban Missile Crisis, which makes her relationships with her friend and family more confusing.
I liked Countdown because Franny is a very smart girl. I can relate to it because sometimes when I'm in math class, my teacher skips me when I raise my hand like Franny's teacher skips her. I also liked that the author put news articles in the book because I like reading what they were saying about things that were happening at the time.
-- Andrea A.

No comments:

Post a Comment